PENDER POST OCTOBER ARTICLE
PENDER ISLAND CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
It’s hard to believe that yet another summer has slipped away but as always, Pender was THE place to be. With more than 48 events and counting taking place over the last three months there was something for everyone…concerts, art shows, sporting events, dog shows, picnics, dances, Fall Fair, markets, outdoor cafes, as well as a myriad of outdoor activities including boating, beach combing, disc golfing, golfing, kayaking, hiking and so much more. Everyone worked double duty these last three months to keep Pender Island beaming. Thank you to all our Members!
Welcome to a bustling autumn. With school back in session and fall already here we are ramping up for a busy events and activities season. Here’s what you can look forward to:
1. Business Lunch and Learns – have questions, want to learn new skills, find out about timely topics this one to two hour lunch session is the perfect opportunity.
2. Mid-December Christmas celebration – celebrate the Christmas season with your staff or friends without having to do the cooking or decorating. 3. Trade Show/Business Networking - amazing things happen when entrepreneurs get together, and that's what the trade show is all about. A showcase of local talent and skills.
4. Member Certificates – each Chamber member will receive an attractive Pender Island Chamber Certificate to display to their clients and patrons.
5. Online Quarterly newsletter – the first Chamber online newsletter is coming to your inbox soon…keep your eyes peeled.
6. Continued joint work with Mayne, Saturna, Salt Spring and Galiano through the Southern Gulf Islands (SGIs) Consortium to increase awareness of the Gulf Islands, build cohesion and help make the SGIs the best region in BC. To date, we’ve had more than 12 articles in both the Canadian and International press about the SGIs.
7. Advertising Opportunities such as the Pender Island Guide Map, the Newsletter and more.
October is Small Business Month in Canada. Stay tuned for activities that will emphasize and support the importance of small business in our community.
Shop Locally… help our local businesses to thrive and grow.
Monthly Chamber meetings are held the third Wednesday of the month. Guests are welcome to attend.