Employment services available by phone.
PENDER ISLAND HELP LINE
The SGI Community Resource Centre on Pender Island has been working with the Pender Island Emergency Program and several Pender community organizations to create a HELP LINE for residents.
250-629-3665 MONDAY – FRIDAY 10AM TO 4PM ONLY
The Island Kindness project has been set up to help support members of our community who are self-isolating or in quarantine with basic out-of-home errands. We are still looking for volunteers to help.
What we can do:
• Pick up and deliver groceries that have ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR (we can take your order too)
• Pick up and deliver prescriptions that have ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR (must be called into the Pharmacy)
• Pick up and deliver other items that have ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR or have no cost
• Daily extended chat over the phone (companionship)
• Animal support - walking or caring for animals
• Outdoor activities such as gardening, wood chopping (with physical distancing - 2 meters or more)
The Southern Gulf Islands Community Resource Centre (SGICRC) is a not-for-profit, multi-service Island community organization. It offers a broad range of educational, social, cultural, Edu-tourism and capacity-building programs to local area residents across the four Southern Gulf Islands of Pender, Saturna, Mayne and Galiano.
The Centre has grown significantly in its short lifespan and is playing a vital role in the lives of community members of all ages. It currently offers programs and services for youth, adults, and seniors including Volunteer Programs, a Community Justice Program, Computer Courses for Seniors, Career Development Services, Southern Gulf Islands event calendars, and activity space rentals. Having initiated several partnerships with a variety of community organizations, the Centre continues to build services for and with the community including senior’s technology courses, job boards and social service assistance.